Thursday 11 March 2010

Penultimate day in Orlando

Not one for fast and high rides, I decided that Universal Studios would be much more my thing. I had just missed the shuttle bus so the concierge suggested I should walk, after all Universal was about one mile from the hotel. The directions sounded easy enough. Turn right at Universal Boulevard and go over the bridge. As I started to make my way over the bridge I realised I was high above a large motorway. Here we go, spin the feeling the other way, make it faster and more importantly remember to BREATH.
Fairly painless queue through security to get into the park; why did they take an electronic finger print? Immigration already have that and a photo. Oh well, American insecurity I suppose.
The Jaws ride was fairly inocuous. We were told that we would get wet. Water and jeans don't mix. I should have worn shorts even with my legs as the weather was really warm. Getting wet was just a threat. I disembarked from the boat dry.
Next the Simpsons ride. This ride was indoors so I had no idea what to expect. Would the cart we were in move like a roller coaster. I hope not as we had no seat belts. Although the cart moved and jolted I screamed my tits off as the animation which surrounded us was rather realistic. Krustyland will never be the same again. A white knuckle ride for me was this one. All good fun and more adrenaline.
The 4D Shrek queue was rather long, however I patiently waited. It was worth the wait as the effects were realistic as we were there with Shrek, Fiona and the donkey.
Twister was a disappointment. A resurrection of a scene from the film was not that realistic.
Terminator 2 and 3D this time in a large theatre. Live actors as well as film. Well produced and worth a visit.
Much walking about the park with rest stops. The weather was sunny and hot. I didn't have any sunblock so by the time I get back to Amsterdam the colour will have been sucked off me.
Did I enjoy Universal? In general the park was worth a visit. Would I go back again? Not on my own. Next time with company.

No comments: