Friday 25 June 2010

Albufeira






The first class train journey from Lisbon to Albufeira was very comfortable. Lots of leg room. Also, the buffet car was conveniently next to out carriage. €40.50 return. Travelling tourist class would have cost me €35, so paying the extra €5.50 was certainly worthwhile. Crossing the Tagus river on the Ponte 25 de Abril bridge was an experience. A huge suspension bridge with a spectacular view of Lisbon and also of the Cristo-Rei statue at Pragal on the left bank of the river. Unfortunately my camera was in my suitcase so I didn't want to miss the view from the train so my camera stayed where it was.
Listening to an audiobook of Paulo Coelho's The Winner Stands Alone helped pass the 3 or so hours trip to Albufeira. The temperature when I got to Albufeira was a sweltering 31ยบ C. The taxi driver during the short trip to the Beach Club (http://www.ouraviewbeachclub.com/location.asp).
There was my mum sitting down by the pool in the shade. "Oh, he's here. He's early".

No comments: