Wednesday 3 March 2010

Orlando and Charisma Enhancement/Trainer Training

Well, after an almost 15 hour door-to-door trip here I am in Orlando for Charisma Enhancement and Trainer Training with Richard Bandler and John La Valle. The trip took longer than expected because of an hours delay in leaving Schiphol; however, big iron bird managed to catch up with the head wind (or is it tail wind) and we arrived 15 minutes later than the expected arrival time. Even though I am not a giant I am so glad I booked a seat with more leg room. Watching Inglorious Bastards on a rather eccentric portable entertainment system helped passed the time; fast forward, rewind enz.
Immigration into the USA was relatively painless. What then was confusing was that I had to collect my suitcase, walk through customs and then to put it on a conveyor belt wheels up and watch it disappear. A10 was where I was told to collect it. We had arrived in a hub of the airport and had to travel via a slow theme park ride to the main terminal. Once there more security, shoes off as well as the rest. The Dutch passanger who had sat next to me on the flight was well pissed off with this. "Welcome to the USA", he said rather sarcastically.
Tired as I was I left the terminal to have a cigarette. Wow, what an enjoyment. Well, the cig was until I found I was on the wrong floor. Drop offs only. Another elevator and I was in a taxi en route to the hotel.
The hotel is a confused 2/3 star. There are towels in the bathroom that I have no clue what to do with. The room is bigger than any hotel room I have stayed in in a long time.
A few drinks in the bar to help me stay awake, then I went to bed at around 11.30 pm. Sleep was mandatory and was not very satisfying. The guy in the room next door had set his alarm for 06.30 am. Oh well, I managed another hour afterwards.
Note to self... post on tripadvisor.com for those who moan about the airco in the rooms of this hotel...... Do as I did.... pull the bloody plug out. That will shut it up.

No comments: